Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gear

As previously posted, it's about time to buy a new pair of running shoes. They last between 250 and 500 miles typically, but it can vary wildly, depending on running style, surface, weight, etc. If you can fairly easily fold (bend) your shoe sideways (not folding toe to heel, but more like a hot dog bun), you need a new shoe. It's important to judge this by comparison to a new shoe, but you'll know.

Also, it's not all about the tread wear either. The cushioning provided by the insole and gel compress over time as well. This can happen before the tread is at a replaceable level and accounts for the ease of "folding" your shoe.

So, I love my Asics GEL-Nimbus 12's and I'm sure to get another pair of those. I also want these bad boys. Also by Asics, they are a neutral shoe designed for triathlons and the Australian market only. They are now available in America. Provided they work for my feet, I can't see not having a pair.  I saw them at the Dash Down Greenville and they were the coolest looking running shoes I've ever seen! Behold the Asics GEL Noosa Tri-6:

 




No comments:

Post a Comment